Learn about all things Public Mobile by using the search bar or browsing the categories on the left.
Our RewardsWho doesn't like savings? At Public Mobile, we don't stop at affordable phone plans. We give you multiple ways to save even more!
- Loyalty Reward: $1/30 days for each year you’re with us, up to $5/30 days.
- AutoPay Reward: $2/30 days.
- Refer a Friend: $1/30 days for each friend you refer – plus, your friend receives a one-time credit of $10.
- Community Reward: up to $20/30 days.
Who Can Earn Rewards?To be eligible to earn Rewards, you must have:1 - A Rewards-eligible plan:
2 - An active account:
- All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015, with the exception of 10-day plans, are eligible for Rewards. Plans offered between May 9, 2014 and January 26, 2015 are not eligible.
- Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment.
- Your Community account must use the same email address as your Self-Serve account in order to receive Community Rewards. If your Self-Serve and Community email addresses are not the same, learn how to update your Community email address here.
Considerations for Rewards-ineligible CustomersCustomers who are on a Legacy / Pioneer or 10-day plan not eligible for Rewards. If you are a Legacy / Pioneer customer and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, please note:
- Rewards will not be applied retroactively: Rewards will only be earned from the date you switched to an eligible plan.
- Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile. For instance, if you joined 3 years ago on a Legacy plan, and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, your Loyalty Reward will begin at $3 per 30 days.
- Referral Rewards are not retroactive. Only referrals made after switching to a Rewards-eligible plan will be counted.
How many Rewards can I earn?You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:
You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!
- You are on a $45, 30-day plan
- You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
- You signed up for AutoPay
- You occasionally help others out in the Community
- You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members
When are Rewards applied to my account?Here are some things you should keep in mind about our Rewards program:
- All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.
- There are exceptions to the above statement:
- Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.
- If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.
- If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation. After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed.
- Based on the Rewards you have earned in your previous plan cycle, up to four different credits (one per Reward type) will be applied to your account the night of your payment due date.
- If your account is deactivated and you have unused Rewards on it, those Rewards will be lost.
How do I know when I've earned Rewards?Whenever a reward has been successfully applied to your account, we will send you a text message to let you know. To check the Rewards you’ve earned, log in to Self-Serve and check the ‘My Rewards’ section in the Overview Tab. You can also select the ‘My Rewards’ button and see all the Rewards you’ve earned since joining Public Mobile.Below is an example of what you would see from the Overview tab, for a customer who has been with Public less than 1 year, and has no referrals:Below is an example of what the ‘My Rewards’ section looks like, for the same account:
The Refer a Friend Reward
How does it work?It’s simple: you will earn $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to Public Mobile who enters your unique referral code in the referral code box during activation. Plus, your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10. You’ll continue to earn Rewards on plan renewal dates as long as your friends remain active customers. If you’re on a 90-day plan, this means you’ll earn $3 every 90 days for each friend.
How do I refer a friend?When your friend is activating their SIM card, they will need to enter your unique referral code. You can find your code in the Overview page of your Self Serve:
If your friend forgets to enter your code, we can’t manually apply the credit to your account, so make sure they do it right the first time! Below is what the referral field looks like:
The Community Reward
How does it work?Based on your level of involvement with our Community, you can earn up to $20 every 30 days. The amount you are rewarded depends on your contribution level relative to overall contribution, which can change month to month even if you contribute very consistently. You can only ever qualify for one (1) Community Reward in a 30-day period, and you must act in accordance with Community Terms of Service at all times. You can read our Community Terms of Service here.The following table shows how Community Rewards are allocated:
The Loyalty Reward
How does it work?On the first plan renewal date, after 12 months of tenure as a Public Mobile member, you will begin to earn a recurring Loyalty Reward for as long as you remain an active Public Mobile customer on that account. Regardless of what plan you are on, your tenure will continue to accumulate as long as your account remains active. If your account is in a suspended state for more than 60 days in a year, your Loyalty Reward will be delayed by the amount of days your account was suspended.
|Loyalty Reward Amount Earned||30-day plan||90-day plan|
|After 1 year||$1/30 days||$3/90 days|
|After 2 year||$2/30 days||$6/90 days|
|After 3 year||$3/30 days||$9/90 days|
|After 4 year||$4/30 days||$12/90 days|
|After 5 year||$5/30 days||$15/90 days|
The Autopay Reward
How does it work?Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. For 90-day plans, you receive a $6 credit every 90 days.
Other Reward Rules
- Public Mobile reserves the right to change all Rewards at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
- The Community Reward offer is subject to the reservation rights of Moderation as described in the Community Terms of Service.