Learn about all things Public Mobile by using the search bar or browsing the categories on the left.
Set up Voicemail Voicemail requires you to have talk included in your plan, as accessing voicemail will use plan minutes. To access voicemail in the U.S., you will need to purchase the U.S. Roaming Add-On with Talk included. A maximum of 10 messages may be stored, with a maximum length of 5 minutes each. Voicemail messages will be automatically deleted after 10 days. You can recover them up to 48 hours after deletion by dialling in to your voicemail, then selecting ‘1’, followed by ‘9’. To protect your privacy, we recommend always requiring a password for voicemail access, even if you’re calling from your own phone.After you’ve activated, your voicemail is automatically ready to accept messages as soon as you add it to your account. It will play a default greeting until you set it up. Setting it up isn’t complicated:
- Hold down the ‘1’ key on your phone keypad to dial your voicemail access number. Calling your own 10-digit phone number will also bring you to your voicemail.
- When prompted, enter a password between 4 to 15 digits long. Try to make it hard to guess, but easy to remember. It will be more secure if you avoid using numbers that are repetitive or sequential such as ‘1111’ or ‘1234’.
- Choose whether you want to bypass your password when calling from your own phone.
- Record your name, and a personalized greeting.
- When you’re done, hang up to end the call.